Monthly Wraps are blogs that are up on the last Sunday of the month which include:
- Blogs of the month
- Book recommendations
- What did I curate? Resources I’m binging on – of course, I’ll be choosing the major ones. Just a brim of how much I curate!
- Reminders & Reflections to ponder – Of various of my reflections of the month, I’ll choose one or a few. And some re-realized reminders!
- My writing journey/ my book updates
Here’s the “Monthly Wrap!” of February 2023.
Blogs I wrote this month:
- Blog 93: Understanding Advaita|Part-4| Why Advaita?
- Blog 94: Understanding Advaita|Part-5| Maya & Awareness
- Blog 95: Understanding Advaita |Part-6| Conclusion
This month I could read 6 books:
- Eight Upanishads volume 1.
- The 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen R Covey. This was not that useful for me.
- Atomic habits by James Clear. Definitely different than The Power of Habits. I still love how I felt after listening to it. This one however is more practical or application-oriented.
- If truth be told – A monk’s memoir by Om Swami
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Buddha and Einstein Walk into a Bar by Guy Joseph Ale
What I curated:
1. It’s a beautiful Life, 2. The Man from Earth, 3. La la land, 4.KrAnthi
- Young Sheldon S6
Must watch YouTube videos:
- Brain Test on Shambhavi Mahamudra & Shoonya Meditation | Sadhguru | Shiny & Ankit (Extended Video)
- Shiva Shiva Shiva Ennaraadha Instrumental
- BBC EXPOSED – Plan To Pull Down Modi Ji | Anti-Hindu Nexus 100cr IPSMF by Azim Premji
Apps I tried this month:
- ChatSonic: Best AI chat app.
- Merlin: Good but gives only 3 days as a free trial.
Reminders & reflections to ponder:
- The label you attach to your food is not the status of your life.
- Work of fiction is ok to be far-fetched as long as it places Dharma as the winner and within people’s hearts.
- People, first practice Viveka and try to understand and see the beauty in Duality. Then you may ponder and try to understand the Non-Dual nature of the entire existence.
- Words are mine, meaning is yours
- Curiosity killed the cat? It is better to die in light than in darkness. Moreover, you are not as dumb as a cat, are you?
- Pleasure vs sense of fulfillment. Pleasure asks for more, whereas, Fulfillment wonders: there’s more?
- Act on the wisdom you’ve gained through your experience. Share that. Not what you think the society values or is trending or something that you think you want to stand for.
- Every work you share with the world acts as a habit contract.
My Writing/Book update:
- Becoming a full-time musician has made me less of a writer due to time constraints. But that won’t become an excuse I promise, I’ll at least write one chapter by the next monthly wrap.
Sanath Kumar Naibhi